Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Job Description :
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas and related data to design components and assemblies to ensure proper fit, function, and specification compliance.
- Interpret communications, designs, and notes into drawings.
- Layout, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals, and other technical documents.
- Coordinate with suppliers for part drawings, models, specifications, etc.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Manufacturing to create, revise, and update drawings for ease of manufacturing and compliance to customer requirements.
- Produce CAD drawings for new, modified, updated products, and changes per ECOs
- Maintain and control drawing files and design changes. Keep Part database up-to-date and organized.
- Production of drawings needed for manufacturing and production, such as fixturing and tooling design.
- Review of existing and newly created drawings for completeness, format, errors, and specifications.
- Revise, update, correct, and add notes and instructions to drawings via Product/Process Change Requests or other ECOs.
- Communication with essential personnel and departments as related to drawing specifications.
- Provide expertise and advice as related to drawings and design specifications.
- Assist in the implementation of new CAD/Modeling software and training of personnel.
- Provide training and guidance to the Design Associate.
- Other duties as assigned by department management.
- Salary $20.00/hr.
Required Qualifications :
Educations and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2-year related technical experience.
- Minimum 2 years technical drafting and design experience in a mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering setting.
- Experience with CAD and 3D Modeling software, preferably Inventor.
- GD&T proficiency.
- Knowledge of machining and fabrication processes.
- Experience with design control and document control.
Skills and Competencies
- Possess proficiency in GD&T, and technical drawings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes – turning and milling, weld fabrication.
- Possess proficiency in technologies as it applies to this position.
- This position must have basic technical writing skills.
- Possess basic understanding of mathematics as it is related to the duties of this position.
- Ability to read, write, and have a working knowledge of English language and grammar.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Knowledge of document control and design control procedures.
- Teamwork oriented.