Development Review Manager
Location : Ocala, FL
Job Type : Regular
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : Associates Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
This is a paraprofessional management position of a technical and administrative nature involving the review and coordination of private development projects for compliance with regulations. The position will serve as a liaison between applicants and staff to ensure timely and efficient customer service.
- Serves as a section manager over a team of staff that reviews and coordinates review and permitting of private development projects. Provides direction and coordination of the team, conducts performance evaluations, interviews prospective employees, and makes recommendations to the Engineer related to promotions, hiring and discipline.
- Assists members of the public, local engineers, surveyors, and developers in the review process for all types of plan review including but not limited to master plans, plats, site plans, and improvement plans.
- Communicates with customers in person, on the phone and in writing regarding the plan review process, corrective actions, and code requirements. Guides applicants through the development review process.
- Reviews plans for compliance with County Land Development Code regulations focusing on minimal submittal requirements and legal sufficiency.
- Coordinates and supervises plan review with appropriate engineering staff and staff from other departments.
- Maintains Improvement Agreements and Maintenance Agreements. Coordinates with Clerk’s Commission Records on letters of credit, bonds and surety records.
- Coordinates field inspections with engineering staff, staff from other departments and applicant for periodic construction compliance, in response to complaints, and to confirm as-built construction. Ensures documentation of such inspections.
- Conducts pre-construction conferences with contractors, engineers, developers and utility companies prior to issuance of construction permits.
- Prepares draw requests to banks and authorizes release of funds in accordance with agreements between employer, bank, and developer.
- Prepares proposed ordinances, resolutions, codes, fee analysis, and recommendations to Development Review Committee, department director, and the Board of County Commissioners.
- Performs technical research, compiles data, and creates written reports for distribution to the Development Review Committee, department director, other staff, the Board of County Commissioners, private applicants and applicant’s representatives and the general public.
- Conducts development review meetings. Schedules items for consideration. Makes presentations related to plans and staff reviews and recommendations.
- Prepares reports regarding obligations of subdivision developers and letters to developers notifying them of such obligations.
- Assigns and monitors work assignments of Development Review staff and provides training, as required.
- Required to report to work at the appointed hour, as scheduled, and to work the entire assigned schedule.
Salary: $24.39 - $37.68
Required Qualifications :
- Associate Degree from college or technical school, and five years related experience, two of which in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Certifications. FEMA NIMS IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 certifications within 3 months of assignment