Director of Children's and Families Ministry
Location : Homosassa, FL
Job Type : Internal Direct
Reference Code : 11149667
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The Director of Children's and Families Ministries has a part-time position that provides leadership and vision to program development, volunteer coordination, implementation and direction to staff and volunteers who are committed to shepherding children. These opportunities include Sunday morning classes, Vacation Bible School and other events.
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
Required Qualifications :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and abilities:
- Engage children and families in worship.
- Provide leadership and vision to overall program development, coordination, implementation and direction to staff and volunteers who are committed to shepherding children birth through grade 5.
- Align children and families ministries with Nature Coast's Core Values.
- Manage the design, programming, communications and other issues regarding children and family Ministries.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs for children and recommend needed changes.
- Recruit and train teachers and volunteers
- Plan and lead weekly children group meetings in concert with adult volunteers
- Promote children participation in various NC ministries and worship.
- Communicate with congregation and community on NC programs and activities through media outlets.
- Meet with elders to implement the vision and goals.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for church families,.
- Coordinate selection of curriculum, supplies, and resources for Sunday programs, VBS and seasonal events.
- Implement/update the Child Protection Policy
- Coordinate children's events
- Publicize children's ministry events in cooperation with NC Staff
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and Nature Coast Worship services.
- Serve as the staff resource person to the Children and Families Ministry Team and attend team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: child and/or adolescent development, Christian education, religious studies, Bible and Christian theology, human resources, volunteer recruitment and supervision.
Skills and abilities:
- Adaptable and flexible