Director of Entrepreneurship Services
The Director of Entrepreneurship Services will work on the front line of the CEP’s efforts to foster business creation. Assisting new businesses and helping to attract entrepreneurs to the area is the primary responsibility of the Director. This position provides hands on assistance to entrepreneurs to make sure this area cannot only help them grow but attract other entrepreneurs.
This position will be a part of the Business Creation team and will work to see the CEP’s entrepreneurship efforts expand throughout the metro with the goal of opening a second incubator facility.
- Assist businesses in the Power Plant
- Provide technical assistance to existing and would be entrepreneurs in the Ocala Metro
- Work to recruit promising entrepreneurs to the area in coordination with the VP of Business Creation
- Plan regular opportunities for training including the Kauffman FastTrac Program
- Provide opportunities for entrepreneurs and funders to network
- Plan and implement the Youth Business Plan Competition
- Assist the Entrepreneurship Academy at Forest High School
- Plan and implement a regular Hackathon event
- Communicate the importance of entrepreneur-ism to the community
- Help insure that various grant agreements are being implemented
This position will contribute as available to all areas of the CEP. This position will work as a part of the Business Creation team, reporting to the VP of Business Creation. This position will also work with closely with the Business Attraction and Business Retention teams. The Director of Entrepreneurship Services is expected to assist with various CEP programs, meetings and events as available.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In this position, the employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; typing, and viewing a computer terminal. The employee will occasionally need to lift equipment and office supplies up to 40 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
Expected Hours of Work
In general, the normal workday begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, which allows one hour for lunch. However, duties of this position may frequently require the incumbent to be available beyond the traditional work hours.
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000 with benefits depending on experience
Local travel to various businesses and event venues is required. Occasional out of town travel will be required for meetings and conferences.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Quality Orientation
- Strategic Focus