Election Support Administrator
Location : Inverness
Job Type : Talent Center Postings
Compensation : 18.50 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : Associates Degree preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Recruit and supervise poll workers and early vote workers for county and municipal elections;prepare tasks and precinct assignments for each election; coordinating meetings and training sessions; develop task-specific training programs; develop training presentations including online and video; maintain poll worker files; process Election Day and Early Voting poll worker payroll; collect necessary government payroll forms and coordinate with County Clerk's office; review and revise all printed materials pertaining to poll workers; schedule personal appearances for recruitment or informational presentations.
- Develop fiscal year budget for poll worker activities, employ strategies to meet budget goals.
- Responsible for verifying revenue receipts, prepare deposits, maintain audit of cash box.
- Receive and verify all information that reflects a possible ineligible voter status due to a felony conviction or mental incompetency.
- Assist with felon list maintenance process and other yearly mail-outs as required.
- Answer inquiries from the public and furnish any information pertinent to voter registration, elections and voting.
- Assist in answering telephones. Assist Supervisor of Elections and Operations Manager with special projects.
- Perform other related duties as required and requested.
Salary: $18.50- $26.44 an hour depending on experience
Required Qualifications :
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Four (4) years experience in the field of work, which includes dealing with the public.
- Associates Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Public Relations, or closely related field preferred
- Comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted for requirements and qualifications.
- Knowledge of word processing and Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
- Requires valid Florida Driver License. Ability to learn computer programs quickly.
- Ability to operate standard computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Must be proficient in technology.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with laws and regulation and apply those directly to work problems.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, although not required, is considered to be an advantage.
Skills :Computer skills Customer service Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word Organizational