Engineering Division Director (Public Works)
Provide oversight of County transportation and drainage systems including all aspects of road construction, surveying, land management, multi-modal and drainage systems projects, approving construction plans and administering construction contracts.
- Supervises staff including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and terminating or recommending termination.
- Initiate projects and assignment
- Chair project direction and coordination meetings; prepare list for annual transportation and drainage construction and maintenance projects
- Review plans and specifications for construction projects; prepare and administer contracts with contractors and consultants
- Monitor construction progress
- Respond to emergencies and concerns of citizens, contractors and employees
- Resolve policy and procedure questions and recommend changes to rule, policy and procedure
- Manage annual operating budget and expenditures for division
- Serve as County Engineer
- Perform related work as required
Education, Training and Experience:
- Requires Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or closely related field.
- Requires over six years of experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
- Valid Florida Driver License required for required travel.
- Professional Engineer License required.
- Must have or be able to obtain within six months certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100B, 200B, 700A and 800B; as well as G300 and G400 as courses become available.
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations. Requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, color and depth perception. May risk exposure to animal aggression, adverse weather, animal/wildlife, and traffic. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Business conducts an employment reference check, criminal background check, physical examination and drug test.
Work Schedule: Full-time; hours not specified
Bi-weekly Salary: $2,596.00 - $3,872.00, DOE