Engineering Internship – AutoCAD
A leading employer in Ocala, is looking for an Student Intern for their Electrical Engineering team.
A worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of fire rescue vehicles with more than 23,000 vehicles in operation around the world.
- Produce accurate production prints, dash layouts and/or approval drawings to reflect customer's requirements for fire apparatus.
- Support Design Engineers by making drawing changes as they offer technical support to line operations, sales and warranty in electrical and electronic specialty areas.
- Operates CAD computer to prepare drawings and schematics, assists in building parts and testing as required to validate and implement designs.
- Collects and consolidates product or material information from several sources.
- Creates or adjusts scale of detail drawing as required, makes accurate-to-scale drawings, at times three-dimensional.
- Draws sectional views to clarify positioning of components.
- Draws subassemblies with irregular shapes, multiple functions and precise positional relationships between components.
- May calculate quantities of materials used, using established formulae or manuals.
- Assesses the effects of each change to form, fit and function.
- May work with sales/customers on order review and/or change orders and may provide assistance to production personnel.
- Must be able to prioritize duties.
- Must have strong skills in drafting programs (AutoCAD).
- Knowledge of MRP systems, Microsoft and database systems and comfortable working with computers.
- Must be a current student.