Environment Health and Safety Engineer
Carry the tasks of EHS in our manufacturing facility by creating an EHS strategy, staying fully compliant with federal, state, and local EHS standards. Lead and implement projects that will help the site achieve the EHS goals. Be a technical resource in the creation of training programs and provide expertise on all EHS related issues.
- Maintain relevant EHS logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations and compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments.
- Purchase, and train on the use of safety and PPE
- Create EHS reports.
- Give advice on EHS matters to facility management.
- Conduct detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Promote incident prevention.
- Develop EHS training and certification programs.
- Observe EHS regulations, encourages safe working practices, corrects hazards immediately.
- Works with employees to bring cultural change.
- Participate in the EHS Facility Audit, complete and achieve closure of audit findings before due date, update the Corrective Action / Preventative Action (CAPA) sheet as required, continuously monitor and correct previous audit findings, as well as immediately address new findings.
- Have EHS presence on manufacturing floor and provide support.
- Put together, write, implement, and manage EHS Programs, and Policies.
- Conduct facility EHS inspections.
- Enforce compliance of regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, Cal OSHA, EPA, etc.), including company EHS policies and procedures.
- Oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment as needed.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Assist in safety compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, PPE, Hot Work, Confined Spaces, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational, Health & Safety or related field.
- 5-8 years experience in an EHS– manufacturing industry a plus.
- Technical writing experience.
- Open and willing to work different shifts and occasional weekends.
- 25% travel or as needed
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate may need the ability to lift and carry loads up to 50 pounds. The associate will be exposed to a manufacturing environment and required to wear personal protective equipment.