- Fill out and submit Miscellaneous permits (ROW, Fire , and Utility)
- Miscellaneous errands to pickup supplies, equipment, permits, and bids.
- Basic understanding of Computers and Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain an organized filing system (detail oriented)
The Estimator job duties start with a new project to bid.
- Perform accurate, detailed material quantity takeoffs by scaling Engineering plans.
- Thoroughly review plans looking for any possible conflicts between utilities, or unspecified items (tie-ins, traffic control, testing, and unforeseen items in the bid quantities).
- Write detailed notes or notations on the plans that may be necessary to clearly state how a certain item was figured.
- Order and receive material quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Evaluate prices, and apply the lowest reasonable price quote to the corresponding bid item.
- Format takeoffs and prices onto proposal sheet (includes subcontractors and assemblies) with sales tax.
- Compile plans, specs, notes, and proposal sheets for review and final bid pricing
Project Manager Duties:
The Project Manager Job duties begin when the job has been awarded.
- Receive shop drawings and material submittals from all suppliers and subcontractors, review for accuracy.
- Assemble into complete packages and submit to the project engineer for approval.
- Notify suppliers and subcontractors of project schedule. Order materials and fabrication of pre-cast structures after approval.
- Draw up separate scaled down “As-built” drawings for Water, Sewer, Storm, and Force Main (drawings to include pipe sizes, fittings, lot numbers, and street names).
- Record daily logs of work performed by crews on as-built drawings.
- Note changes and verify the need for a change orders with superintendent.
- Prepare Change Orders using proposal format.
- Assemble a Forman’s package including, Plans, As-builts, Proposal without prices, suppliers material lists, permits, and traffic plans (existing permits and traffic plans may need to be obtained from prime contractor).
- Coordinate monthly billings based on work performed (using as-built drawings).
- Give copies of supplier price lists to person in charge of billing for comparison with actual invoices.
- Coordinate and schedule material orders, subcontractors, surveyors, soil testing labs, city inspectors with project superintendent.
- Order utility locates prior to starting work.
Update project superintendent on all project issues
Hours : 6.00 am - 5.00 pm
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 depending on experience
- Associates Degree preferred
- 1+ year construction project management experience and/or training preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, etc.
- Able to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.