Location : Inglis
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11396435
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Nature Coast Business Development Council has an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to be a part of the business expansion in Levy County. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is a recent graduate or has worked in the professional environment and wants to use their knowledge and experience to be an active contributor In Levy County’s current and future growth.
The Executive Director coordinates and implements the County's efforts to attract, retain and grow business, industry, and jobs in Levy County. This position assesses the needs of the business community and introduces innovative outreach programs and proactive solutions to produce effective economic development results and establishes policies and programs that aid in the retention, success, and expansion of existing businesses.
The Successful Candidate will:
The Successful Candidate will:
- Directs and oversees a comprehensive inter-disciplinary economic development program for the County which includes business retention, business recruitment, new business start-up, retail development, and real estate investment to strengthen the commercial tax base while promoting and encouraging programs that enhance the County's sense-of-place and quality of life.
- Identifies and nurtures public/private joint ventures that are consistent with community objectives, including RFP solicitations, new initiatives, and revitalization efforts.
- Facilitates communication and contact between stakeholders and government officials.
- Develops a variety of cost-effective marketing initiatives and small business assistance strategies related to economic development to attract and retain targeted businesses and nurture start-ups consistent with the County's overall brand image.
- Supports strategic development and implementation of targeted special events collectively with partners for employees, citizens, and visitors alike that strengthen, promote, and celebrate the County's unique brand identity.
- Coordinates and collaborates with partner institutions, including the Levy County's Chambers of Commerce, CareerSource CLM, College of Central Florida, Levy County School District, foreign consulates and trade offices, various other chambers of commerce, and other state and regional economic development organizations.
- Participates in, and travels to, business recruitment events, trade missions, conventions, and trade shows as needed and appropriate.
- Maintains "best practice" comparisons and stays informed of technological advancements and trends in municipal economic development.
- Proposes, analyzes, recommends, and acts upon Federal, State and Local regulations and ordinances which will affect or enhance economic development projects. Ability to articulate and advocate for a business-friendly environment helpful.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Planning, Business Administration, International Business, Economics, Marketing preferred
- The Nature Coast Business Development Council will support your endeavor to be a Certified Economic Developer
- Requires valid Florida Driver License for required travel
- Requires ability to maintain courteous and effective relations with County staff and the public
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in decision-making and all phases of responsibilities
- Requires basic math skills to analyze and compute statistics, financial transactions, and other standard calculations related to the analytical functions of the position
- Must have oral and written communication skills, including considerable public speaking experience, and highly developed interpersonal interaction skills
- Must have working knowledge of computers and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Work Schedule: Full-time, hours not specified
Annual Salary: $35,000 — $45,000 DOE
Skills :Collaboration Interviewing Marketing Microsoft Office Planning and development Prepare reports Public Administration