Help Desk Technician
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Schedule internal and field resources on the ConnectWise dispatch portal.
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests.
- Answering the Help Desk phones
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision, and dental benefits included.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Education or Experience:
- BA/BS, preferred in computer science or a related field.
- 1 year of IT or related experience