Human Resource Coordinator
Location : Chiefland
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 10991099
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : Bachelors degree preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Assists VP of Safety and Human Resources with the following functions: classification audits, salary analysis, investigations, complaints, conflict resolution, safety analysis, payroll calculations, and other duties. This list is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- Manages the appraisal process: tracking, reviewing draft appraisals, suggesting edits, etc.
- Advises employees on retirement benefits. Processes 401K payments.
- Handles benefit enrollment, QSEs, and questions for all employees. Works closely with NRECA.
- Annually enrolls retirees in to the health reimbursement program.
- Tracks workers compensation for audit purposes.
- Processes payroll to ensure it is accurate and timely. Compiles reports to include FICA, federal tax returns, state and federal unemployment taxes, and payroll taxes.
- Calculates bonuses and end of year leave cash out.
- Suggests policy and procedure edits.
- Liaison between employees and the Florida Rural Electric Credit Union.
- Manages personnel file materials and ensures confidentiality.
- Tracks and prepares service awards for timely distribution.
- Processes reports as needed: quarterly multiple worksite reporting, Affordable Care Act, etc.
- Assists Safety Department with various assignments and projects.
- Manages wellness information and activities.
- Conducts employment related training as needed.
- Manages the FMLA process: tracking, tabulating hours, drafting applicable letters.
- Assists with administrative duties: scheduling, returning calls, clerical duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary office environment.
- Some travel required for conferences or training.
- Some extended hours, particularly during storm outages.
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in progressively responsible human resource role preferred.
- Must maintain a valid Florida driver's license for required travel.
- Must have communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have training skills and be comfortable speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to deal with job related problems and come to reasonable solutions without supervision.
- Employer conducts Drug Screen, Background Check, Credit Check, Reference Check and Motor Vehicle Record Check
- Employer conducts skills assessment
Skills :Communication Human Resources Human Services Presentation Public Speaking