Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
This position designs, implements, maintains, and repairs the County's enterprise infrastructure system which include servers (physical and virtual), storage, backup, and other enterprise technologies to deliver high availability of systems. Work includes set up and maintenance of servers, active directory and server based applications.
The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
- Install/configure server based applications including the administration, upgrades, and maintenance of all servers (physical and virtual), enterprise storage, active directory and backup systems in the data centers, cloud, and individual offices.
- Coordinate repairs for enterprise systems in an efficient and expedited manner to minimize downtime. Communicate outages to management and affected County employees in a timely manner.
- Serve as liaison with application owners to ensure efficient utilization of enterprise resources while minimizing operational interruptions.
- Optimize system monitoring and proactive alerting for enterprise systems.
- Ensure compliance with data center change and configuration management processes.
- Conduct research on enterprise products, services, and standards. Introduce new technologies on time. Provide accurate, timely and unbiased feedback to IT management and project team through effective written and oral communications, such as ROI analysis.
- Follow disaster recovery processes and business continuity procedures.
- Manage the life cycle of enterprise software and equipment which include installation, maintenance, de-commissioning, and removal.
- Work closely with peers and customers to implement new designs and concepts, promptly resolve issues tied to Infrastructure and decrease down time, as well as recommend new cost saving and efficiency initiatives.
- Retain relevant job knowledge and expertise by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Supports the organizations guiding principles and core values.
This is a front-line position for providing excellent customer service to other County departments, employees, and members of the general public. Personal contact occurs with other employees of the unit, employees of other departments in the County, citizens, and customers of the department. Service is provided in person or by phone contact.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell, and to lift up to one hundred pounds; will regularly be required to talk or hear; and will frequently be required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements are close and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a typical indoors office environment. The noise level for this environment will be moderate.
Required Qualifications :
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree from four-year college or university with major course work in information management, computer science or related field; with three years progressively knowledgeable and responsible experience in systems administration and analysis in a diverse enterprise computing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Formal training and certifications may be required for various technologies.
Valid Florida Drivers License for required travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Problem Solving Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and diagrams.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to function independently and in group settings as an expert in matters of specialized policy, analyses or complex technical systems.
Specialized Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, hardware, networking, system administration including Active Directory, and access permissions.
- Knowledge of SAN management and server virtualization.
- Ability to install and configure computer systems, install applications, and diagnose hardware and software problems as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to take a teamwork approach to the job by cooperating with others, offering to help others when needed, and considering larger organization or team goals rather than individual concerns. Includes the ability to build a constructive team spirit where team members are committed to the goals and objectives of the team.
Machines and Equipment
This employee will be required to operate a computer, calculator, telephone, copy machine, and other general office equipment, as well as drive a vehicle, in the completion of the tasks of the position.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time
SALARY: $25.54 - $39.24, DOE