Inspector Plans Examiner
Location : Ocala
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11448713
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The primary function of this position is to perform daily inspections or review plans and specifications as submitted for permitting to ensure conformance with applicable codes, ordinances and laws in effect. The purpose of the work is to ensure the continued health, safety and welfare of the public.
- Inspects or performs plans examination of residential and commercial structures, to ensure that he work being performed meets the minimum requirements of applicable codes and ordinances.
- Assists and communicates with the public, both orally and in writing, to explain Code and County policy questions. Assists other inspectors or plan examiners as required.
- Organizes and plans daily route.
- Collects, organizes and maintains documentation associated with assigned inspection or plans examination activities.
- Submits required daily reports and other written or oral presentations to the Division Manager.
- Updates inspection or plans examination results in the permit data base.
- Performs independent research and training on codes to ensure knowledge of trends and developments in the field.
- Schedules routine cleaning and scheduling of maintenance on assigned vehicles and equipment.
Required Qualifications :
Valid Florida Drivers License as required for travel.