As an Internal Auditor for us, you are responsible for planning and conducting internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of operating policies, procedures and systems as well as compliance with laws and regulations. Additionally, participate in investigations of any allegations of fraud, waste or abuse. With great attention to detail and the drive for continuous improvement, you perform research, fieldwork, data analysis, and policy and procedure evaluations. This allows you to ensure that our systems of authorization and recording procedures are adequate in providing reasonable accounting control over assets and liabilities. You are meticulous in detecting duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
As you prepare complete and accurate audit and investigative reports for our agency, you draw conclusions about necessary improvements and make the appropriate recommendations. Though your role is highly analytical, your job is also collaborative, and your excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. As someone who is committed to contributing to continuous improvement in policy, procedure, and processes and making sure that everything is in order, you find your job as an auditor extremely engaging!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Required or must obtain within 6 months of hire; Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (clerk's office, governmental entity, legal, or similar environment)
- Knowledge of auditing theory, principles, practices, and methods of governmental accounting
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a background investigation including criminal record, driving record, prior employment reference checks, and skills assessment
- Comply with our drug-free policy
- Proficient computer skills