IT Network Security Officer-OPD
Location : Ocala
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11253947
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
|*** Position cannot be filled until October 1st*** |
The Network Security Officer will be responsible for maintaining and documenting the security profile of the Ocala Police Department. The security officer will work closely with all aspects of Ocala Police Department sections to ensure tight collaboration and integration of security solutions. The security officer must possess the ability to perform security requirements elicitation, analysis, and specification with a working ability to identify architecturally significant requirements and their ramifications. Develop attack and defense methodologies for high risk computer networks. This position will be responsible for business continuity and continuing operations during a disaster.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
|1. Research new and emerging security attacks and develop techniques and research solutions to control risks. |
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of existing security measures, such as firewalls, password policies and intrusion-detection systems.
3. Make recommendations to improve security based on their assessments and knowledge of current and emerging threats.
4. Monitor system access to ensure compliance with standards and policies.
5. Promote appropriate security best practices and fundamentals in architectural design and implementation.
6. Perform security auditing, assessments, and evaluation vulnerability testing tools and procedures.
7. Develop policies that give managers and employees varying levels of access to applications, systems, and data.
8. Provides service consultation and support towards department related projects and or solutions.
9. Perform enterprise security architecture requirements analysis and design, support/lead engineering and deployment activities.
10. Provide ongoing engineering support for deployed security technologies, support security design reviews for all application and technology rollouts.
11. Review proposed changes in the technology environment for security implications.
12. Evaluate and implement new technology for relevancy to the department's overall security strategy and in support of new business requirements/initiatives.
13. Evaluate each control, technology, and gap for potential improvement and refinement.
14. Coordinate with various project teams to communicate the necessity of security requirements and design constraints as part of SDLC.
15. Produce, review, and update designs for security vulnerabilities & gaps.
16. Responsible for maintaining departmental data security using NTFS and Share permissions following Microsoft-recommended best practices to maintain the highest degree of data integrity.
17. Installs server and client virus protection software and ensure updates are applied on a timely basis.
18. Responsible for managing the programming, administration, and support activities for the department's server and client systems, including configuration, performance management, backup and recovery.
19. Leads or commissions suitable information security awareness, training, and educational activities.
20. Responsible for working with the network engineer on firmware updates, patches to all operating systems across all systems.
21. Responsible for developing response plans, continuity of operations plans, and preventative plans for training.
22. Must be able to backfill work tickets for the helpdesk as business needs require.
23. Will work as the local agency security officer for FDLE requirements.
24. Must have experience across VMware, Azure, O365, Windows Operating Systems.
25. Position will require scheduled on call rotations and must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays as needed.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience with network architectures, client servers, firewalls, cloud environments, data backup / disaster recovery, Web Servers, etc. Possess experience administering security within an Active Directory environment.|
Required Qualifications :
Skills :COMPTIA Security+ Information Technology Microsoft Office Troubleshooting Windows