Location : Ocala, FL
Job Type : Regular
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : High School Diploma or Equivalent
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Position's primary focus will be in the areas of computer operations, computer repair, user and desktop support (hardware and software), and helpdesk.
- Monitors, operates, coordinates, assists and trains others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired result.
- Utilizes software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of equipment maintenance, and repair.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and updates supervisor on status of projects and technical issues.
- Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or the next level of support.
- Provides technical support in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and peripherals in multi-platform, complex computer environments.
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts; assigning security level.
- Install software and hardware peripherals.
- Troubleshooting: diagnoses computer and network issues, implement corrective actions and/or escalate issue to other technical resources as appropriate.
- Serves as technical resource to internal staff and clients
- Acts as a customer liaison for resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of issues or concerns.
- Works with hardware and/or software vendors to resolve issues.
- Contribute to department goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
Work schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday 8-5.
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 per hr., DOE
Benefits: Vacation, Medical, Paid Holiday
Required Qualifications :
- Some experience and/or prior training is a must.
- Valid Florida driver's license.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Skills and Experience
- Three to five years of related experience providing customer service in a technical environment.
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware, software, and operation systems.
- Basic knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and file sharing.
- Understanding of network security, and the relevant NIST standards.
- Experience with installing and configuring computer applications and operating systems.
- May be tested on appropriate computer skills as required.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work unscheduled hours or attend to client emergencies after hour