Level 2 Technician
Ocala IT Company is seeking a level two technician to manage and maintain the IT networks of many businesses throughout our local area.
Company is a managed service provider, focused on serving small to medium size businesses in Ocala and Belleview, FL area.
- Provide remote and onsite technical support to our clients.
- Diagnose, research and troubleshoot computer system issues, including operating systems, H/W and S/W, networking, VPN, connectivity, server, printers and other network devices/peripherals, both remotely and onsite.
- Install, configure, and support desktops, laptops, virtual machines, mobile phones, VOIP products, servers, backup systems, and miscellaneous devices.
- Provide on-call emergency services after business hours, holidays and weekends as required.
- Respond promptly and professionally to alerts and client technology issues.
- Monitor and update Service Desk incident tracking tickets for purposes of demonstrating compliance with issue response and resolution, Service Level Agreements (SLA), logging daily activities and documenting solutions.
- Function as primary point of contact and communication with customers from assignment of ticket to successful resolution of issue, including scheduling work and keeping customer aware of work status and solution progress.
- Responsible for meeting Client Service SLA goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hourly Wage of $15 to $19 depending on experience.
- Accruable 7 vacation days; 5 personal days; 7 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Flexible work hours so long as the client’s needs are being met.
- Training opportunities available
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related technical field, experience may be substituted for degree.
- Associate/intermediate level technical certification(s) preferred (Comptia A+, Network+)
- 3 years of IT related technical experience.
- Experience with Autotask and Continuum a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting Active Directory, TCP/IP networks, Firewalls, Routers, and Switches WANs, and LANs.
- Strong knowledge and experience with computer/server hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experience with Help Desk issue tracking systems for the assignment, delegation, and/or resolution of client’s issues.
- Experience using centralized management tools for disk imaging, installing software packages, patching, and monitoring IT systems.
- Ability to maintain professional communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and handle interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with diverse personalities.
- Self-motivated; dependable; passionate about technology.
- Enthusiasm for working in a team environment and a desire to help our customers grow their businesses by serving their IT needs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee may have to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Employer is an alcohol-free, drug-free and tobacco-free employer with a smoke- free office.