Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Location : Ocala, FL
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11241939
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Master's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Responsible for implementing and coordinating all case management services and quality of life activities relating to cases across the continuum of care to elderly and/or disabled in order to prevent or delay institutional placement through use of community resources and alternative levels of care. Employee must have the ability to assess and document client's needs, develop care plans, secure needed services, maintain case records and provide ongoing assessment of changing needs and adequacy of services in compliance with program guidelines and regulations. This position may specialize in elder care and may serve in a consultative role to other health care professionals.
The following statements describe the principal functions of this position and its scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or balance the workload.
Required Qualifications :
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of case management.
- Incumbents in this position must make all reasonable efforts to preserve the confidentiality and integrity of
- Protected Health Information and not to use or disclose more than the minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to accomplish the intended purpose of their assessments.
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- Experience in outreach and knowledge of aging-related issues and available informal community resources.
- Knowledge of the methods, procedures, and techniques for conducting research, analyzing data and developing applicable reports.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with other employees and members of the general public.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to take a teamwork approach to the job by cooperating with others, offering to help others when needed, and consider larger organization or team goals rather than individual concerns.
- Customer service skills
- Ability to write narratives and reports for client's case record that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to present information to supervisor and management team,
- Supervisory duties - none
Education and Experience
Licenses and Certifications
- Master of Social Work (MSW) or Doctor of Social Work degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited university or college.
- 3 years of related experience
Licenses and Certifications
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- Valid Florida Class E Driver's License for required travel and Driving Record that meets company's insurance standards is required. Must have transportation.
- Department of Elder Affairs Uniform Client Assessment and Care Planning Certification preferred. (This certification must be obtained within 6 months of starting position.)