Manager Operations and Business Planning
* Directly leads and supervises production control staff in all areas of production planning to include, master scheduling, planning, order coordination and operation integration. Must also take a leadership role in activities outside of direct span of control, such as Product Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, etc.
* Develops and establishes effective work processes for production planning, including applicable scheduling and ERP systems.
* Ownership of demand fulfillment planning and reporting as part of the business/revenue cycles. Works closely in support of the annual sales plan to determine and ensure appropriate takt times are set, capacity constraints are addressed and lead time requirements are met.
* Develops, maintains and optimizes detailed schedule of production orders/units as well as OEM contract manufacturers. Coordinates activities cross functionally across sales, engineering, supply chain and manufacturing to ensure delivery to all schedules. Prioritizes operations based on internal and external requirements. Ensures the flow of material, parts and assemblies between or within departments to meet schedule requirements.
* Monitors internal schedules, supplier dates and manufacturing reports to proactively identify potential problems and works with planners to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to key stakeholders. Works to provide solutions to mitigate risks and minimize disruption to production flow.
* Identifies tracks and communicates applicable metrics to understand business performance and improvement opportunities. Provides reports to business management and other departments as required of production status, variance to schedule, issues and other production planning information needed to make good business decisions.
* Proactively works toward continuous improvement of processes and systems used in planning and scheduling to improve adherence to production schedules.
* Assumes leadership and expertise of lean manufacturing principles. Accountable for the implementation and sustainment of lean within areas of responsibility. Must be change agent and ambassador for continuous improvement. Must be able to teach/train employees at all levels on the concepts of lean. Must proactively lead the engagement of all personnel in the implementation of the principles and tools of lean.
* Accountability for ensuring all quality, regulatory and ISO requirements are met. Responsible to make sure appropriate actions are taken to meet all requirements, including stopping production if appropriate.
* Responsible for development, compliance and enforcement of all company policies and procedures. Ensures consistent and effective employee relations. Recommends rewards/recognition as appropriate. Initiates necessary disciplinary actions as required.
* Evaluates and verifies employee performance through review of completed work assignments, work techniques and leadership skills. Builds and mentors individuals and teams and identifies staff development/training needs. Conducts the training or otherwise ensures that training is obtained.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain work flow or respond to production requirements.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
* Computer and Office equipment
* Measurement devices and test equipment
* Bachelor's degree in business, operations, supply chain management or related field.
* 3-5 years' experience in production control, materials, scheduling and manufacturing in a production environment.
* Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience with the ability to lead, motivate, coach, mentor and engage employees. Ability to manage a diverse team.
* Proven leadership capabilities. Ability to work independently. Actively develops a high performance team with skills needed to meet company goals and objectives.
* Advanced knowledge and experience with understanding and application of lean principles and continuous improvement methodologies
* Demonstrated understanding and use of master production scheduling tools and ERP systems in a production environment.
* Experience analyzing forecast and sales data, developing plans for fulfillment demands.
* Require superior communication skills (written, oral, presentation, and instructional) and ability to effectively interact with customers, dealers, suppliers, team leaders, managers, associates, and executives.
* Proven success in team building, conflict resolution, and problem solving from identification through root cause resolution.
* Good business acumen and financial knowledge, including budgeting, P&L, etc.