Multimedia & Communications Coordinator
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
This Position is Eligible for the City's Student Loan Repayment Program
This is a highly professional and creative position within the Office of Strategic Engagement. Responsible for the graphic design, video production, writing and photography utilized in providing information to the public on a broad range of programs, services, issues, events and policies as it relates to the City of Ocala government; will assist in developing, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive public information, marketing and social media program. Reports to the Strategic and Legislative Affairs Administrator.Examples of Duties
- Createsaudiovisual and graphic design materials to support and promote the City's programs, services, issues, events and educational campaigns
- Manages and develops graphic design projects, including preparing, writing, editing, proofing, photographing, directing and producing publications, brochures, promotional material, fact sheets, information packets, billboards, banners, fliers/posters.
- Manages and develops all aspects of video production, including scripting, storyboarding, casting, filming, editing and finalizing for distribution.
- Designs print and digital materials aligned with the city's brand and strategic priorities.
- Assists with external and internal communications including news media relations, public relations and public information. Assists the Public Information Officers and the Marketing and Communication Manager with meeting the City's communications, public relations, advertising, and marketing objectives.
- Assists with social media functions, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and any other social media and community web-based outlets deemed appropriate.
- Assists with development of media advertising (radio, TV and print) and marketing plans.
- Assists with monitoring existing webpages, identifying aging or irrelevant information and working with departments to keep pages fresh and informative.
- Assists with the city's brand and design management.
- Provides support to the Marketing and Communication Manager in responding to requests for information from the public and media representatives through creation and distribution of media releases, videos and photographs and facilitation of interviews with city officials.
- Provides support to the Marketing and Communication Manager in representing the city on the Public Information Team at the Emergency Operations Center during times of declared emergencies and training exercises.
- Provides audiovisual support at Ocala City Council meetings.
Required Qualifications :
LICENSES:Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License for required travel.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Knowledge of public information and principles and practices of public relations and media relations; knowledge of AP writing style; thorough knowledge of writing, editing and graphics; knowledge of the organization, function, and method of operation; skill in the use of computer equipment; knowledge of social media networking principles and practices; ability to write public information reports and releases; ability to gather and analyze facts on a variety of subject matters and to assemble and present concise reports and presentations; ability to establish and maintain relationships with City officials, news media, and the general public; ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, orally and in writing. Ability to plan, organize, and supervise assigned projects.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, graphic design or closely related field. One to two years of professional experience in communications, public relations, marketing, graphic design or video production or related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Professional experience creating audiovisual and designed collaterals for public information, marketing or advertising campaigns.
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook), and social networking media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.). Skills in graphic design, video production, photography, and editing (Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and/or Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience required; InDesign experience preferred).
This position is Full Time
Annual Salary: $41,900 to $52,000 DOE
Adobe Creative Suite
Social Media Platforms
Written and Oral Communication