- Assists the grant writing team with research, writing and review
- Reports to management regularly on all facets of performance with respect to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Welfare Transition, Wagner Peyser and other programs managed by our region. Provides specialized reports on competitive grants, center traffic, and any demographic information that is requested. This will be upwards of 100 reports per month.
- Elicits report requirements from management and conveys information in appropriate terms.
- Collects and analyzes a wide range of information, data (both basic and complex) and statistics. The results of the analyses will be used extensively by internal management teams.
- Generates and interprets reports for organization-wide intelligence on a monthly basis in cumulative and static snapshot format for specific programmatic monitoring using a combination of proprietary records and state maintained SQL databases. These monthly intelligence reports are used to update the Board and to assist the management teams in decision-making processes.
- Creates new search queries using SQL programming as requested and approved by management, modifies existing queries as needed.
- Extracts all Workforce data as requested, interprets and presents in readable format.
- Creates and maintains internal proprietary databases (Access).
- Participates regularly in statewide Data Store calls to stay familiar with the latest changes to the Data Warehouse environment and status of any data integration/upgrades.
- Assist with development/review of policies and procedures as they pertain to e-tracking and MIS.
- Researches new procedures/techniques with respect to MIS, database management and e- tracking/filing.
- Maintains open communication with other MIS/Reporting professionals throughout the regions and Tallahassee to gain and offer info as needed.
- Performs all on sight troubleshooting as it pertains to MIS/e-tracking/proprietary databases.
- Assists in the development and completion of Memorandums of Understanding with various groups and partners in our system.
- Responds to all public information requests.
- Maintains compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned
These essential functions are not a complete statement of all duties required. Some marginal functions of the position that are not incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties may be excluded. All duties, responsibilities, and requirements are essential to the job
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems Management, business administration, or related field.
- Two years of responsible IS management or related experience or an equivalent combination of education, experience, or demonstrated competence.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Proficient in MS Suite primarily Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server, Management Studio 2008, and Adobe Pro.
- Knowledge of free-form query tools proprietary to Employ Florida (Ad-Hoc) and all canned (frontend) reports for OSST and Employ Florida.
- Knowledge of workforce program performance indicators.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- To perform this job successfully the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
- Acceptable vision and hearing with or without correction
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works primarily inside in an office environment.
- Valid Florida Drivers License. Travel is required.
- Subject to drug screening
- Subject to records check
- Must be able to work retail hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Work Schedule: Full-time days; hours not specified
Salary: $17.72 per hour