Part-Time Accountant III
Location : Ocala
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 10994256
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that all receipts are posted to the proper accounts. Ensure that all expenditures are properly recorded.
- Post financial information for the College moveable property inventory. Complete all forms required on equipment purchased with grant money and forward to the proper agency.
- Balance monthly bank statements. Prepare budget amendments both internal and State required.
- Provide and/or approve journal entries including the liquidating entries on each payroll.
- Responsible for the proper encumbrance of all salaries.
- Prepare the monthly trial balance, quarterly statements, and annual financial reports.
- Maintain records and prepare various other financial report
- These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Works inside in an office environment.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability
Required Qualifications :
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Three years accounting experience required with one year being in government accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of government accounting, auditing and expenditure control systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment as applied to the maintenance of government accounting systems.
- Knowledge of the applicable laws, regulations, procedures and processes governing the receipt, custody and expenditure of monies.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of professional, sub-professional and clerical accounting personnel. Ability to prepare financial and statistical reports. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
Work Schedule: Part-Time, hours not specified
Salary: $17.76 per hour
Salary: $17.76 per hour
Skills :Accounting Analyze financial data Office Skills Supervisory Experience Written and Oral Communication