Part-Time Gallery Coordinator
Responsible for implementing exhibits and programs at the gallery. Development of creative programs that support the educational/community development mission of the Visual and Performing Arts. Administrative functions to effectively coordinate programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all duties related to coordination of exhibits at the gallery, including formation of creative programs that support the educational & community outreach mission of the Visual and Performing Arts department.
- Perform all administrative duties necessary to effectively coordinate programs to completion. The exhibit coordinators work closely to maximize department resources in the implementation of programs.
- Develop exhibit ideas through collaboration with faculty, staff and community representatives.
- Develop entertainment, workshops, events and other auxiliary programs for exhibits.
- Oversee artwork intake and pickup.
- Coordinate hanging and taking down of exhibits.
- Maintain exhibit center inventory.
- Prepare insurance paperwork for exhibits.
- Staff exhibit committees (agenda, minutes etc.).
- Coordinate marketing and advertising for exhibits; arrange for media coverage; point of contact for media.
- Perform administrative functions to effectively manage the gallery.
- Coordinate volunteer program (recruit, assign and track).
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing on a telephone and on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Routinely requires sitting at a desk and viewing a display screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer or other electronic device.
- Routinely requires moderate (up to 40 pounds) lifting and carrying
- Routinely requires Walking, Standing, Sitting, Kneeling, Stooping, Reaching up, Twisting and Bending.
Works in an office and art gallery environment.
- Associate degree required in a field related to arts management.
- A minimum of two years experience in the museum, art gallery or related arts environment preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and take initiative. Verbal and written communication skills.Graphic design skills. Available nights and/or weekends.
Work Schedule: Position is part-time, must be available nights and/or weekends
Salary: $10.25 per hour