Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Location : The Villages, FL
Job Type : Regular
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3 to 5 years, depending on highest level of education attained.
Required Education : Associate's Degree with 3 year of experience or High School Diploma with 5 years of experience
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the processing and timely delivery of assigned payrolls. Applies understanding and knowledge with the HRIS/payroll system to accurately pay employees in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, such as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Helps assure proper withholdings such as taxes, benefit deductions, charitable contributions, retirement contributions, other savings, etc. This position exercises independent judgment and discretion in planning and carrying out the details of work procedures and methods.
Plus One Standards:
Represent employer by providing extreme, plus 1 customer service to both internal and external customers in an efficient and friendly manner either face to face or by telephone. Display a positive demeanor, smile, call the customer by name and thank them for their business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures accuracy in payment of wages and salaries by using the internal HRIS/payroll system to process salaries and reported hours worked; ensures accurate policy assignment for administration of paid time off programs and coordination with applicable leave benefit programs.
2. Ensures accurate setup of benefit plans, benefit enrollments and applicable deductions in the HRIS/payroll system and on employee records; verifies and processes vacation payouts, and terminates payroll deductions for employees at separation of service or on leave of absence. Initiates COBRA notifications as applicable and monitors for compliance.
3. Ensures accuracy and timeliness of benefit enrollments, changes, and reconciliations for payment. Works with employees and benefit providers to resolve enrollment issues; works with HRIS/payroll system provider and benefit providers to facilitate and troubleshoot issues with electronic data file feeds.
4. Verifies employee eligibility for benefit enrollment and ensures payroll deductions are made as authorized.
5. Reviews and processes Personnel Action Forms to ensure accuracy of updates and maintenance of employee records; assure proper documentation is prepared and maintained according to internal policy and applicable laws.
6. Generates and maintains accurate and comprehensive records for payroll and benefit enrollments. Prepares reports and performs monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations. Prepares and submits compliance filings to regulatory agencies.
7. Trains new users on use of internal HRIS/payroll system; assists employees with questions or concerns with the HRIS/payroll system, and works with supervisors as needed to ensure timesheet approvals are completed to meet processing deadlines.
8. Contributes to the overall success of the Human Resources Department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned in supporting all functions of Human Resources, acting as a back-up for other positions as needed, maintaining high levels of accuracy, maintaining a professional demeanor and appropriate levels of confidentiality, and providing excellent customer service.
9. Position specific compliance and other trainings as required.
10. Other duties as assigned.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- Associate’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting, or equivalent and minimum three years of experience in HR/payroll processing role; OR, high school education and five years of HR/payroll experience with exposure to functional areas of HR, benefits administration, HRIS and payroll as equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups including senior management.
- Must be able to handle confidential information, and use discretion, independent judgment, and critical thinking skills in decision-making and problem solving.
- Must have ability to acquire proficient level of knowledge in all functional areas of Human Resources.
- Power User of ADP or similar HRIS/payroll system.
- Knowledge of the following Laws/Regulations: Compliance with and successful completion of all trainings related to Bank Secrecy Act laws/regulations.
Salary: $50,000 to $55,000, DOE.