Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
The purpose of the class is to design and create applications and databases, web-based applications and tier 2 end user support of the applications. Provides maintenance and develops user interfaces for more efficient computer operations for County users. The class works within a general outline of work to be performed and develops work methods and sequences under general supervision. The class is also responsible for maintaining the web servers and development environment to support the Software Development Life Cycle.Essential Functions
- Maintains the development environment to protect the Software Development Life Cycle. Responsible for source code survivability.
- Maintains existing systems and applications and performs bug fixes.
- Maintains application servers to ensure up-time and security of production systems.
- Responsible for administration of web-site security.
- Executes database queries and updates against production data.
- Programs custom database objects including stored procedures, functions, and scheduled tasks.
- Performs data analysis and reporting for departments.
- Programs and develops server-based applications to reduce employee workload and create automated systems.
- Programs and develops user interfaces for efficient data entry and analysis. Updates and maintains web-based applications for employees and for the general public.
- Works closely with the Web Administrator.
- Maintains development environment including source code repositories and promoting projects to production servers.
- Provides documentation on projects including data dictionaries, workflow, code commenting, and code commenting.
- Leads and/or attends staff conferences, professional meetings, workshops and other events.
Required Qualifications :
Education, Training, and Experience:
Requires Bachelor's degree, vocational technical degree or specialized training that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of four years of college education. Requires a minimum of four years of experience.
Business conducts reference check, background check, drug screen, and physical examination.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires sedentary that involves sitting much of the time. Requires skill, adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs on repetitive operation of electronic office machines and tools within moderate tolerances or limits of accuracy. The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception and texture perception.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: $2,165.36 - $2,801.79 bi-weekly, DOE