Purchasing Manager - Construction
Location : Ocala, FL
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11259580
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Summary: The Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading a purchasing and estimating team for our Construction Department. They should be able to optimize home building cost controls through bidding processes, supply and supplier management and purchasing functions to achieve sales, service and inventory goals.
- Support company production and sales efforts by ensuring material orders and inventories stay at targeted levels for success.
- Access and source new suppliers, establishing relationships with vendors, negotiating purchasing contracts, solving order grievances and discrepancies and managing purchasing processes from the RFP stage through delivery.
- Develop a regular and monitoring bidding process for all materials and services to ensure optimum market positioning, service and profit levels.
- Establish direct national contract supply relationships and channels that reduce sources costs as well as provide rebates.
- Compile accurate quality take-offs, establish and monitor budgets for all construction phases and compute and monitor gross margin estimates.
- Perform cost comparison and analysis as required. Update cost information in company documents and systems.
- Establish and maintain a trade contractor/supplier performance evaluation system and safety award program.
- Review and analyze processes to reduce waste and errors, and collaborate cross functionally to utilize best supply of services with regard to safety and customer service.
- Influence operations, profits and ability to grow by maximizing vendor relationships and performance to support home building goals across related departments.
- Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage under-performers to ensure success of all individuals in the department.
- Manage the tactical operations of the materials management and purchasing functions and staff.
- Collaborate with sales and construction team leadership to ensure accurate sales forecasting and inventory planning is achieved.
- Liaise across departments with areas such as sales, marketing, studio, construction, accounting and customer service leadership and teams to ensure alignment of activities and objectives.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Identify vendor opportunities and challenges and collaborate to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Ability to manage and drive the process of Value engineering for total cost optimization and production efficiencies.
- Establish process that validates all quantity takeoffs for first time model builds.
Required Qualifications :
Qualifications ( Education, Experience, Technical Skills):
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required with relevant (operations, business) field of study preferred.
- 5+ years of leadership and relevant purchasing experience in construction required.
- Detail-oriented with quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving required.
- Computer and spreadsheet abilities and experience preferred.
- Experience with Builder MT, Sales Simplicity and Timberline system preferred.
- Written communication and presentation skills required.
- Organizational skills, cross-functional leader required