Recreation Programs Supervisor
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
|This Position is Eligible for the City's Student Loan Repayment Program |
This is a professional supervisory position which is responsible for directing facility operations and program development for an assigned recreation center or complex. Coordinates activities of paid and volunteer recreation service personnel in a public recreational-type facility by performing the following duties.
|EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: |
|Supervises daily operation and maintenance of assigned recreation center or complex. |
Develops and promotes recreation program, including music, dance, arts and crafts, cultural arts, nature study, swimming, social recreation and games, or camping.
Adapts recreation programs to meet needs of individual, children or youth, or the community. Works with administrative or other professional personnel to ensure that recreation is well balanced, coordinated, and integrated with special services.
Manages assigned equipment and facilities within the assigned recreation center or complex. The Aquatics section includes highly specialized equipment and facilities.
Responsible for collecting and accounting for all funds received and spent for the assigned facility and equipment per established policy and procedure.
Introduces new program activities, equipment, and materials to staff.
Interprets recreation service to public and participates in community meetings and organizational planning.
Provides support for department special events before, during, and after the event in the areas and for functions relative to essential job duties and/or otherwise assigned.
Directly supervises 6 to 10 employees in a Recreation Center or Complex (Youth, Adult, and/or Aquatic). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Qualifications :
|TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS: |
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Recreation & Parks from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; minimum of one-year supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Operator Driver's License as traveling is required.
- Current certification in adult, child and infant CPR (or obtained within six months of hire).
- Current First Aid certification (or obtained within six months of hire).
- Florida Operator Driver's License with CDL-C (or obtained within six months of hire).
- Certified Parks & Recreation Professional (preferred)
Therapeutic Recreation specific:
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (preferred)
Aquatics Division Only:
Must possess the below listed certifications or be able to obtain within the outlined time frame once hired:
- Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (or obtained within 3-months of hire)
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) (or obtained within 3-months of hire)
- First Aid & CPR Instructor Certification (or obtained within 6-months of hire)
- Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification (or obtained within 6-months of hire)
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification (or obtained within 9-months of hire)
- Food Handler Certification (or obtained within 3-months of hire)
Position is full time, hours not specified
Annual Salary: $38,100.00 - $66,700.00
Written and Oral Communication