Location : Belleview
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11043400
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : Associates Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
SAFETY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with all employee workers’ compensation claims and reporting, working with various outside insurance and medical representatives to ensure best results.
- Collect and record all accident/incident reports for fleet drivers in all Divisions. Review invoices for charges that may be associated with accidents and/or incidents. Report all accidents and incidents to the appropriate insurance company timely and as required; record and maintain the SMI accident register for DOT recordable events.
- Maintain OSHA reporting documents and logs throughout the company; facilitate postings as required.
- Gather accident/incident information for the Safety Committee, which investigates all of the safety-related events and reports to regional or location management the corrective action that must be taken.
- Review and report safety-related data for the Trucking Division from the FMCSA’s CSA scores. Report CSA scores to appropriate management personnel, which includes the use of the DATAQ process.
- Maintain claims data to be used by the Corporate Safety Manager to develop trending analysis reports.
- Maintain a current vehicle list of all SMI commercial and non-commercial vehicles; ensure that all vehicles are properly insured and that our insurance carrier(s) are notified of any changes for coverage and billing purposes.
- Maintain Pre-Pass devices for the Trucking Division which are tracked in Fleet-wise and specifically tied to an individual tractor.
- Report all safety-related concerns to Corporate Safety Manager immediately.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Hours: Full time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Salary: $17.00 an hour
Required Qualifications :
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, adjusters and physicians.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team.
- Ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, see, and hear; use hands to handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and demonstrate manual dexterity while performing job duties; requires ability to move freely on facility properties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works both inside and outside, and is frequently exposed to cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid environment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to cluttered and slippery floor surfaces, and contact with sharp objects, skin irritants, hazardous cleaning solutions, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays.
- The employee is continuously exposed to vibrations
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety-conscious work environment according to policies and procedures
Skills :Mathematical skills Microsoft Office