Senior Assistant Internal Auditor
|The Office of the Internal City Auditor is established by the City of Ocala Code of Ordinances, Chapter 2, Article IV, Division 5, to conduct systematic accounting analysis and continuing audits of the various departments, accounts and accounting systems within the city government, advance strategic efforts and programs geared at prevention and loss control. The Office works cooperatively to assist management in monitoring the design and proper functioning of internal control policies and procedures. |
The position of Senior Assistant Internal Auditor is a highly responsible professional auditing position reporting to the Internal City Auditor and is responsible for supervising and conducting integrated audits, assessing risk, developing audit programs and writing audit reports in a results oriented environment with emphasis on identifying cost savings and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of City operations. Integrated audits take a more global approach that looks at several audit aspects simultaneously including, but not limited to, financial, operational, IT, regulatory, compliance, and fraud.
Independently performs and supervises integrated audits, reviews and other analyses as directed by the Internal City Auditor to include:
Work Schedule: Full time. Hours not specified
|• Bachelor's degree in a business related field preferably with a concentration in accounting. |
• Three to five years of professional level experience performing operational, compliance, financial, and IT related audits. Government experience, IT auditing and financial system software experience desirable.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree; however, additional education, training, or experience may be considered as a substitution for the other minimum qualifications.
Applicants with professional designations as CPA, CIA, CGAP, or CISA are preferred but not required upon hire. Once hired, obtainment of a professional audit designation is expected within 12 months. If a CPA, the license must be active under the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Certified Public Accounting.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida operator's driver's license for required travel
|• Knowledge of governmental auditing and accounting principles and techniques. |
• Knowledge of general laws, ordinances, regulations and administrative policies governing municipal finance and budgetary practices and operating procedures.
• Knowledge to sufficiently evaluate the risk of fraud.
• Knowledge of work paper format to document the audit process that meets established Institute of Internal Auditors and Government Auditing Standards.
• Knowledge of standard office practices and standard office equipment.
• Written and oral communication skills.
• Information technology skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to develop an audit program and audit plan to meet the objectives of the audit.
• Ability to evaluate internal controls over business operations.
• Ability to evaluate compliance with laws, ordinances, contracts, policies and procedures.
• Ability to apply professional skepticism and due professional care.
• Ability to prepare and write informative audit reports that effectively communicate audit objectives, results, and recommendations.
• Ability to communicate and to collaborate with management and employees to improve effectiveness and efficiencies of the City's business processes.