Senior Logistics Operations Manager
Manages and oversees planning & execution of all logistics and dispatch supply chain functions in the most efficient manner that results in exceptional service to members and customers.
o Assists management in identifying and providing solutions with the purpose of optimizing equipment, employee, and customer schedule utilization
o Troubleshoot, identify issues, and think critically to determine best course of action that provides consistent and exceptional service and solutions to all customers
o Perform, manage, and direct all aspects of dispatch with all shifts coverage for assigned terminals to ensure effective communication, planning, and efficient resource utilization
o Perform and manage dispatch applicant interviews, evaluations, training and corrective action
o Perform and demonstrate an acute knowledge base and capabilities of software and hardware to cultivate more effective dispatch decisions and communications for both internal and external customers
o Ensure all dispatch planning and execution for drivers meets all applicable FMCSA, DOT, and SMI rules and regulations
o Ensure all labor, customer, and member concerns are communicated timely to management
o Assists with transportation logistics planning in determining: the daily number of surplus loads and where to be marketed, import loads and where to be delivered, and alternative Class I markets or surplus markets for all rejected loads.
o Assists with coordinating movement of milk from farm to market through each SMI terminal.
· Equipment & Maintenance
o Communicate and coordinate equipment needs with both maintenance and the terminal management
o Assist management both in planning and execution to ensure all tractor and trailer equipment meet SMI, DOT, and DOA standards
o Ensure all equipment is properly utilized, tracked, accounted for, and used in a manner that is both efficient and cost effective for both SMI and its members
o Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment
o Ensure all dispatcher shifts and all planning of routes, loads, deliveries, and assignments are properly covered
o Ensure all dispatch personnel have necessary equipment and are properly trained on all appropriate hardware, external software, and other related software and/or handhelds
o Ensure all dispatch personnel are properly trained and are effective in their communication while conducting assigned tasks and responsibilities
o Ensure all dispatch personnel adhere to, and are held accountable to, all SMI polices
o Facilitate a healthy, professional, and positive atmosphere for all employees
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years management experience in logistics/dispatch operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must maintain a valid driver’s license & acceptable MVR; travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
· Must successfully complete pre-employment drug test and background check.
· Must have proof of legal authorization to work in USA.
· Ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
· Excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to independently perform a wide range of activities under general guidance with minimum supervision.
· Requires extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while leading the work of others.
· Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team.
· Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal/external customers.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.