Senior Risk Benefits Specialist-Human Resources
Location : Ocala, FL
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11523890
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
This position performs highly complex technical and advanced administrative and professional duties supporting an extensive Risk Management and Benefits program. Work involves the administration and implementation of all Risk and Benefit services, specifically Worker’s Compensation and Employee Benefits, providing professional, effective and efficient service assistance to employees and to the public. Works with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Conducts new employee orientation, enrolls employees in benefit programs, updates enrollment choices and benefit status, processes benefit related transactions for terminated employees.
- Processes and manages Workers’ Compensation claims in a timely, efficient manner in accordance with Florida Workers’ Compensation law and Board of County Commissioners procedures.
- Interprets and implements Employee Insurance and Self-Insured Workers’ Compensation policies and procedures; Reviews and interprets eligibility rules and regulations and determines eligibility for coverage.
- Keep abreast of, have knowledge, interpret and implement the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Affordable Care Act (ACA), IRS Section 125 rules and regulations, Florida Workers Compensation Statute and any other applicable rules and regulations pertaining to benefits.
- Coordinate the administration and implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) rules and regulations pertaining to benefit eligibility, enrollment, and coverage.
- Creates and conducts open enrollment meetings and communicates clearly; explains benefit options to employees as well as explains rules, regulations, policies, statutory requirements and impact/consequences to Management in relation to employee insurance benefits and workers’ compensation.
- Creates, implements and assists with various projects encompassing all areas of Risk and Benefit services.
- Processes and inputs new insurance claims, sets up claim files, records information, interprets and implements rules and regulations pertaining to coverage.
- Coordinate the administration implementation of the Long Term Disability insurance benefit program with affected employees and Human Resources staff.
- Communicates with managers/employees regarding interpretations of rules, policies and benefits within scope of knowledge or refers to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinates the development, administration and implementation of the on-line benefit enrollment system with external vendors.
- Review and reconcile insurance invoices, accounts payable process, and track budget expenditures for a broad based insurance program.
- Composes routine correspondence independently. Establish, design and maintain a variety of detailed files and records pertaining to risk management programs and insurance claims.
- Designs, formats, and prepares reports and correspondence where information must be obtained from a variety of sources, as well as makes recommendations affecting aspects of policy to management
- Assist with planning, development and implementation of long and/or short-term goals and objectives; also makes recommendations for future equipment purchases and ongoing system-related supply needs. Assists with annual budget preparation.
- Frequently processes correspondence of a sensitive or confidential nature. Oversees proper maintenance of control files of matters in progress and follows up to ensure that actions are completed.
- Maintains a pleasant cooperative attitude with co-workers. Maintain professional appearance, grooming and dress consistent with department image.
- Will be assigned special projects or processes from time to time, and will be held responsible for results.
- Workers’ Compensation Adjuster License preferred
Required Qualifications :
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field; with three years professional experience in insurance, benefits, or administration with emphasis on insurance and benefits; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.