Social Studies Teacher
Location : Lecanto
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 10965939
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : Bachelor's degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Keeps up to date regarding curriculum content.
- Understands how to plan for classroom instruction.
- Creates learning experiences which foster learning experiences for students.
- Creates lesson plans that effectively utilize all materials and resources available to achieve the objectives of the curriculum and adheres to Sunshine State Standards and district student progression.
- Plans assessment and monitors progress of student learning effectively.
- Monitors students understanding of the curriculum
- Creates an environment that is conducive for student learning and involvement.
- Adheres to the center specific Behavior Management System.
- Uses innovative, appropriate, and differentiated instructional techniques and strategies.
- Uses appropriate questioning techniques.
- Implements innovative approaches, evaluates and refines instructional strategies including the effective integration of technologies to enhance learning opportunities.
- Develops reviews, modifies, communicates and updates learning goals, standards and expectations.
- Promotes graduation requirements, necessity of obtaining credits, achieving a strong GPA, college readiness, etc.
- Interactions with parents. Facilitates student learning and growth by ensuring students are working towards meeting their IAP goals as well as bench marking/standards.
- Utilizes data to assess the progress and academic growth of students.
- Enters students progress into ETO (using real time data entry time frames and DAP2 Model of documentation).
Required Qualifications :
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in subject being taught or related area. Education degree preferred.
- Current Florida State Teacher’s Certification.
- Attains and/or maintains certification and endorsements by required deadlines.
- Minimum one year teaching experience, preferably in an at-risk youth environment.
- Valid Florida ID or Florida Driver’s License for required travel
- Knowledge of state and school districts policies, preferred.
- Knowledge of laws relating to children and families.
Work Schedule: Hours not specified
Salary: Not specified
Skills :Communication Interviewing Teaching/Instructing