Solid Waste Resources Liaison
Location : Ocala, FL
Job Type : Regular
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
- Plans and develops public education initiatives promoting the protection of environmental resources, including but not limited to recycling, trash disposal, litter control and landfill operations. Efforts primarily focused on, but not limited to, trash disposal, recycling, hazardous waste disposal, litter control and solid waste related topics.
- Develops print and audio-visual materials, for distribution as web, pamphlets, tear sheets, etc., as well as in person presentations and hands-on activities.
- Implements interactive educational programs for general citizen outreach and targeted audiences considering FCAT standards for school age children, individual homeowners, homeowner associations, agricultural property owners/managers, and industry groups such as realtors, lawn/landscape/irrigation professionals, etc.
- Performs site visits and hands-on demonstrations of solid waste activities such as landfill operations and solid waste management.
- Prepares grant applications with environmental agencies to secure funding to implement programs and projects related to essential responsibilities. Ensures grant compliance and follows through on grant requirements and responses such as periodic monitoring and reporting.
- Stays informed of topics and issues through participation in agency meetings and trainings and monitoring of legislative actions.
- Serves as the liaison for other staff and local agencies on solid waste related topics by relaying pertinent information to ensure shared knowledge, consistent messaging and coordinated efforts.
- Prepares, and assists other county staff, to prepare recommendations, proposals and responses concerning solid waste related topics.
- Prepares annual implementation/strategy plan, Monitors performance measures, benchmarks and milestones; and proposes adjustment to activities in response to findings. Provides routine progress and activity reports.
- Prepares professional and effective communications in presentation format; as position document or report; ordinance or resolution; and correspondence.
- Primarily works Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, but adjusts schedule routinely to accommodate stakeholder presentations, community outreach events, and customer meetings in evenings and on weekends.
- Implements the organization’s guiding principles and core values.
Required Qualifications :
- Four-year degree in Engineering Technology, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences, Public Administration, Education or a related field; and a minimum of two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.