Specialty Care Manager-Practice Support
Job Title: Specialty Care Manager - Practice Support
Responsibilities: An exempt, management level position responsible for directing, supervising, and coordinating staff and activities to support the operations of these locations and to ensure that patient-centered, quality, cost-effective care is provided.
- Manages daily practice support operations, such as check in, check out, surgery scheduling, medication authorization, etc. at Specialty Care locations and coordinates the work activities and schedules.
- Ensures high patient satisfaction with front end service recovery when needed.
- Develops practice support standards for applicable functions to be used consistently in all specialty care sites.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, coaching, and disciplinary actions for designated team members.
- Ensures that patient support space, supplies, equipment, and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for optimal customer service.
- In conjunction with Executive Director and Medical Director, monitors provider productivity via the monthly analysis of wRVU’s.
- Serves as primary liaison between FP&A and Specialty as it relates to dashboardMD and its related reporting.
- Works in conjunction with Revenue Cycle leadership to monitor metrics, such as time of service collections, denials, overall collections, and appropriate charge capture.
- Operates within the context of an established budget. Collaborates with other managers and leaders to make recommendations for annual budget and maximizes opportunities to meet and exceed budget guidelines.
- Works with leadership during the recruitment process to identify and recommend practice support staff for employment opportunity.
- Assists clinical providers in managing their schedules and communicates changes to appropriate designated shared services staff.
- Works collaboratively with the Specialty Care Manager – Clinical to address practice support and service issues that may affect the practice.
- Works collaboratively with leadership team from the shared services departments to address any concerns or process related to call center, referrals, medical records and centralized scheduling.
- Supports optimal staff engagement via monitoring staff performance and facilitating effective teamwork.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: Full time
Salary: Based on experience
Location: The Villages, FL
- Five or more years of multi-specialty practice management experience.
- MGMA certification in practice management required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.