- Daily banking activities and monthly bank reconciliations across multiple companies and accounts.
- Perform daily accounts receivable tasks including billing customers, paying vendors, and reconciling bank statements.
- Manage mortgage, database, which includes entering new mortgages, posting payments, processing ACH drafts, recording payoffs, and communicating with residents.
- Perform and review account reconciliations for general ledger accounts on an established routine basis
- Assist Controller with accounting functions
- Assist other staff accountants with monthly sales tax reporting and payroll reconciliations Perform other diverse accounting-related duties as requested or required.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Work Schedule: Full- Time
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Paid Time off and 401k
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 3 - 5 years of accounting experience experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Employer conducts drug screen, reference and background check
- CPA preferred but not required
- Payroll experience preferred
- Organizational skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and professional procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to understand general accounting principles and apply them on a day to day basis to tasks at hand.
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to write business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information to management, customers, and staff.
- Ability to solve and deal with a variety of variable in communication, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to apply standards to problems or situations.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends; ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excel Spreadsheet proficiency required.
- Must have accounting software experience. Timberline Accounting, Loan Ledger, and Jenark experience a plus.
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files
- Ability to multi-task.