Survey Analyst/CAD Technician
Must have knowledge of and be able to successfully operate AutoCAD Civil3D in the efficient preparation of digital mapping products that accurately depict the results of all types of surveys (boundary, topographic, construction layout, asbuilt, quantity, control, special purpose, etc.); occasional field activities to observe and collect data (measurements and observations) and/or verify previously acquired data may be required from time to time.
- Interpret field crew notes; analyze and process survey data (conventional and GPS)
- Develop detailed survey drawings with AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Perform deed analysis and prepare working sketches
- Perform coordinate geometry calculations
- Compute data points for construction layout
- Compute and edit Digital Terrain Models to define surfaces (existing and proposed)
- Calculate volumetric quantities
- Import and export of data in various formats (.txt, .csv, .dgn, .shp, xml, .gml, .kml, etc.)
- Prepare surfaces, calculate quantities, areas in accordance with the engineering department.
- Perform public records research (deeds, plats, maps, data sheets, etc.)
- Prepare project set up and compile and compute data to prepare for field activities
- Daily interaction with field personnel to acquire notes and data and monitor progress
- Generate reports (volume surface calculations, mapcheck, etc.)
- Assist with applications to divide property (plats, minor subdivisions, lot reconfigurations).
- Perform quantity take-offs and assist with proposal preparation and competitive bids
- Visit sites to gather physical evidence and survey data as required from time to time
- Confer by telephone, writing, or in person with surveyors, crew chiefs, clients, colleagues, public officials, contractors, and others from time to time as required
- Experience with relevant software platforms (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.)
- Daily interaction with field crews
- Review and edit data in the form of coordinates, angles & distances, offsets, and field codes
- Survey Intern, college coursework in surveying, engineering, or related courses is beneficial
- Associates Degree in Surveying (or higher) is beneficial
- Experience with Trimble Access and Carlson SurvCE software a plus
- Familiarity with the Florida Standards of Practice and the Minimum Standard Detail Requirements for ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys helpful
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required. Skillsets in basic math (addition/subtraction, multiplication and division) and enhanced math (geometry, trigonometry, error analysis, etc.)
- Field experience working with a survey crew as well as previous experience working as an in-office survey technician
- Proficiency in survey production ability with AutoCAD Civil3D as a CAD tech
- Must have very good to excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and organizational aptitude
- Must possess the ability to take personal initiative and maintain confidentiality of work assignments
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, team environment and work with a broad range of professional and technical staff to complete multi-disciplinary projects
- Must be motivated to follow detailed instructions completely and accurately.
- Must possess valid Florida Driver’s License and pass vehicle insurance underwriting to become a qualified driver of company vehicles.
- Ability to occasionally travel and work out of town from time to time as workload requires.