Administrator for network which encompasses 2 work sites within two counties. This highly technical position requires a competent talent to administer day to day operations and oversee a cloud-based network managed by online directory services, cloud-based productivity services which may be based in the Google Suite or Microsoft 365, workstations, routers, switches, wireless access points, firewalls, metropolitan area networks, and Internet circuits. Motivated, curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments. Creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence and has a strong internal drive to be successful in their career. Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks and demonstrates effective prioritization of workload and anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions in order to make sound recommendations.
Essential Job Functions
- Administers – network, email, internet and any other functions or projects as required.
- Manages vendor accounts for various IT services and ensures that vendors meet all applicable SLAs in place. This includes opening and monitoring help request tickets with the appropriate vendors, as well as verifying satisfactory resolution of problems.
- Manages a hosted VOIP phone system currently provided by Jive
- Identifies, analyzes and rectifies computer system problems and failures.
- Manage and provides top level helpdesk desktop support for staff and public facing computers.
- Ensures work orders for service calls are prioritized, worked and cleared in a timely manner.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, reports, and resolves issues with network, software and hardware.
- Installs and configures hosted server applications.
- Coordinates with and assists corporate Marketing with the management of the hosted website environment.
- Setup, installs and ensures operation of network equipment, cabling, hardware and software.
- Maintains working inventory of network resources including laptops and printers.
- Administers network user accounts and email accounts.
- IT Director/Contractor in determining needs and recommending procurement of equipment.
- Carries out special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Administers DHCP/DNS services.
- Acts as POC for office equipment.
- Provides technical input to IT Director/contractor regarding data and trends.
- Works with State of Florida to gain in-depth knowledge of Employ Florida, OSMIS, etc.
- Acts as security officer for Region ,implementing security policy and procedures for int/ext data.
- Maintains, backs up, and updates servers, firewalls, and controllers.
- Troubleshooting various parts of our infrastructure including network technologies, cloud-based products, and internal office systems
- Managing, patching and performing upgrades to core systems and technologies, prioritizing infrastructure tasks to ensure flawless work experience and access for internal users either remotely or in the office
- Builds, configures and maintains workstations and computer labs.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, update and administers the switched layer-two environment.
- Develops/maintains network usage procedures and network systems policies.
- Prepares reports and attends meetings.
- Performs equipment inventories as required
- Maintains compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
- Understanding of the OSI network model
- Fortinet Firewall Appliance administration
- Works with the IT Director/Contractor to procure vendor IT service contracts and renewals
- Documents configuration, upgrades, procedures, problem resolution associated with network, hardware/software and operating systems etc.
- Performs other job functions as required.
These essential functions are not a complete statement of all duties required. Some marginal functions of the position that are not incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties may be excluded. All duties, responsibilities, and requirements are essential to the job.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Ability to administer Active Directory environment, User Accounts, Groups, OUs, Sites, Subnets and VLANs
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint, and other hosted Microsoft 365 products.
- Ability to manage the Google Suite, to include Google Drive, business Gmail, Google Docs productivity suite, Google Hosting Engine, and other Google products.
- Ability to administer and manage an online hosted VoIP system.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships, exercise initiative, and interact positively.
- Ability to work with customers to solve hardware and operating system problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of computers with emphasis on client/server architectures, operating systems, programming languages, graphic workstations, and installation of hardware and peripheral.
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies including but not limited to troubleshooting voice quality issues, VoIP phone hardware, configuration of auto-attendants, calling plans, and other functional components of telephony.
- Knowledge and ability to configure firewalls, filters, POE switches (including VLANs) and wireless access points
- Knowledge of State Applications - EFM, DCF Florida System, & OSST.
- Knowledge of government procurement rules and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree from a two-year college or technical school with major course work in Management Information Systems, Computer Sciences, or related field, with a minimum of three (3) years similar computer experience, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, or demonstrated competence. CompTia A+, Network+, and Microsoft certifications preferred. Cisco certifications and experience a plus.