Systems Administrator-Voice & UCass
Location : Ocala
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11441968
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The system administrator is responsible for analysis, sizing, provisioning, programming, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of voice communications services and related infrastructure. The system administrator ensures that application and related procedures adhere to organizational, security, and confidentiality standards and policies. The system administrator will ensure use of systems hardware and software for all staff and volunteers.
- Work with Information Systems team to ensure the highest reliability and performance possible within the voice environment
- Administer and upgrade all UCaaS components and related technologies
- Manages phone lines, devices, users and call queues
- Manage cellular phones, users, and cellular plans
- Create call flows
- Coordination with carriers in the repair and restoration of voice circuits
- Monitor system performance to ensure dependable and uninterrupted operation of voice communications
- Assist other teams within IT through cross-training or administrative tools
- Maintain detailed documentation about specific systems and store in a centralized repository.
- Work independently and manage multiple projects
- Follow change management practices
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Work with business users to develop a comprehensive plan to understand business pain points.
- Translate user requirements into application design in a mixed technical skilled team.
- Performs daily system monitoring of UCaaS systems, including reviewing system and application logs.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
- Uses monitoring and tools to diagnose and analyze system performance, integrity, and availability.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and configuration options.
- Analyzes and makes selections on new technology to meet organizational needs.
- Works with vendors to assure appropriate system selection and configurations.
- Regularly assesses need for system reconfiguration and executes them as required.
- Consults with end users and end user computers to ensure availability and integrity of access to corporate information systems and corrects software problems and deficiencies to ensure availability and integrity.
- Works independently but ensures that all major changes are reviewed and approved by appropriate management before resources are committed.
- Is responsible for documenting the application and any update processes, including changes and monitoring activities.
- Performs routine review of logs and proactively identifies resource contention and optimal configuration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage change process, support, and requests queues.
- Maintains a record of operations in Helpdesk ticketing system, ensuring ticket status is correct and updated.
- Documents, records and advises CIO of information system changes and issues.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance.
- Works in a group/team setting.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
Required Qualifications :
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in computer science or information systems, a minimum of 2 years of experience in information technology, and 2 or more certifications in an Information Systems Related discipline, or any combination of the above which provides sufficient knowledge and experience to function effectively.
- Knowledge of Unified Communication configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with multi-site, IP Telephony and unified communications rollouts and migrations
- Experience troubleshooting SIP Trunks, PRI, and POTS
- Ability to understand business needs and communicate complex concepts in a simple, business value context
- Ability and passion to keep up with emerging and competitive unified communication technologies
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to adapt to changes in computing environment and to organize and communicate changes to users.
- Ability to establish and maintain management information and related systems.
- Interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software and hardware issues and products as needed.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions.
- Ability to prepare written reports, letters, and memos.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment while maintaining ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to work until job completion, including working after 5 PM, weekends, and on-call if necessary.