Talent Acquisition and Retention Specialist
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
The Talent Acquisition and Retention Specialist will deliver full cycle recruiting and retention functions to the Human Resources Department. Sources, screens, interviews and prepares qualified candidates for the hiring process. Monitors and reduces turnover through comprehensive exit interviews and objective department feedback. Represents the County at job fairs and other recruitment events.Essential Functions
- Collaborates with Human Resources Director to develop and implement innovative short and long-term organizational recruitment strategies that addresses the current and future staffing needs of the County.
- Manages the daily responsibilities of the full cycle recruitment process. Acts as a consultant to hiring managers for recruiting, selection and processing of applicants for internal and external selection processes, including but not limited to: leading diversity recruitment efforts, leading the development of interview questions and pre-employment tests or assessments and maintaining relevant records, statistics and documentation.
- Screens all employment applications, interview candidates (by phone or in person). Attend interview panels as requested. Make recommendation for hire (or not hire), create and deliver all employment offer letters for both exempt and non-exempt position openings.
- As needed, assist Divisions with scheduling applicant interviews.
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to source, identify, and attract quality candidates such as career fairs, online job boards such as LinkedIn, or Indeed, and community network events, etc. Develops an on-going and diverse pipeline of prospective and qualified applicants.
- Organizes and attends job fairs and other recruitment events.
- Maintains and serves as administrator of the NeoGov web-based applicant tracking system and any other HRIS programs for the County as assigned. Create and implement training manual for NeoGov software (including other HRIS programs) for new users and on-going refresher courses.
- Oversees the communication to all applicants of non-selection after a final candidate has been selected.
- Coordinates post offer physicals and/or drug screens for potential candidates and any other tasks related to onboarding.
- Ensures accuracy of statistics in the preparation and distribution of weekly and monthly recruitment reports (job vacancy report, time to fill metric, etc.).
- Tracks position control changes and keeps detailed records of requests, approvals, and denials related to position changes.
- Maintains and updates all job descriptions and collaborate with appropriate department and division heads to ensure that job descriptions are current and up-to-date.
- Assists Human Resources Director in conducting exit interviews to capture critical information with respect to turnover.
- Establish and maintainrelationships with work colleagues, supervisors and managers.
- Monitors and verifies selection and hiring procedures to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, (i.e., ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Title VII laws, Veterans Administration, Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and Social Security Administration (SSA) requirements).
- Organizes and executes employee recognition functions including but not limited to, quarterly Employee Appreciation Breakfast and Point Recognition Program for Service Awards.
- Stays abreast of current and emerging technologies in order to identify new venues for attracting qualified candidates. Implements best practices to continually increase the number and quality of hires.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications :
Education, Training and Experience:
Associates Degree (Bachelor's Degree preferred) from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field. Five (5) years of human resources experience that includes two (2) years of recruitment/talent acquisition experience with full-cycle recruitment and employee onboarding, one (1) year of Applicant Tracking System (ATS) experience (NeoGov preferred), and one (1) year of strategic sourcing work experience.
A comparable amount of relevant training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications
Certificates, License, Registration, Skills:
Requires valid Florida Driver License for required travel. Professional in Human Resources (PHR), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or similar human resources professional certification preferred. Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100.c and 700.b
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: $1,625.73 - $2,368.67 biweekly, DOE
Applicant Tracking System
Social Media Platforms
Written and Oral Communication