Telecommunications Broadband Systems Engineer
- Performs testing and installation of electronics hardware/software used in implementing data and voice network transport systems.
- Responsible for executing software changes and modifications to the Data Transport and VoiceSystems.
- Monitors and analyzes data and voice network systems for performance and problem indication. Determines causes of problems and initiates corrective action.
- Consults with vendor and manufacturer's technical staff to resolve network equipment problems and performance issues.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends methods of enhancing network services to support and fulfill end-user requirements.
- Prepares reports and keeps records of tests performed. Responsible for updating databases and drawings to reflect as-built changes.
- Inspects, oversees, and monitors contract services and vendors for quality of work and conformance to installation and repair procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating projects requiring the involvement of the organization's IT staff and projects to provide interconnectivity between the organization and other external agencies.
- Maintains and troubleshoots organization's network edge devices for interconnectivity to the organizations data network.
- Evaluates new technology and products and makes recommendations for enhancements/expansion for pro-active network growth.
- Makes recommendation for fiber optic path for connectivity of customer requested circuits.
- May need to work irregular hours and be on-call.
- Serves as technical contact between the customer and Electric Utility.
- Responsible for periodic evaluation of organization's network edge devices for life expectancy and end-of-life status. Once end-of-life status is reached, recommendation must be made for replacement equipment.
- Responsible for providing input to the development of the enterprise' annual budget and ensures expenditures are in compliance with existing budget.
Must have technical training in electronics or a related field with an AS degree or equivalent. BS degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field preferred. BS degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
Three years experience with implementation and testing of LAN technologies such as Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Token Ring, and SONET. Three years experience with implementation and testing of WAN technologies such as T1/T3, MAN, Active Ethernet, andDark Fiber. Experience with network management using SNMP based platforms such as Sun Soltice, HP Openview, or Cabletron Spectrum. Three years experience designing and implementing operational and support standards for large network implementations. Three years experience supporting network operating system platforms such as NetWare 3.x, NetWare 4.x, Windows XP, and Windows 7.
Three years experience with advanced configuration of Internet working devices such as bridges and routers in a multiprotocol environment (TCP/IP, IPX, SNA, NetBIOS) using various interior and exterior routing protocols (RIP, OSFP, BGP-4) preferred.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Operators Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.