Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
This position is eligible for the City's Student Loan Repayment Program
|This is a professional planning position in the Ocala/Marion County Transportation Planning Organization (TPO). Position includes researching planning projects and independent studies and surveys. Reports to TPO Director and Project Manager. |
Examples of Duties:
Research and Writing
Prepares transportation planning studies based on research; uses planning methods to develop traffic studies, Traffic Counts, TIP, and related programs. Uses the FSUTMS model in the CUBE software platform and other transportation software to analyze traffic impacts of proposed development.
Assists in preparation for TPO board meetings, Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC), Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board (TDLCB). Involves presentations to boards and general public as to development trends, statutory or rule requirements and status of projects. Maintains accident data, traffic counts, congestion management and performance standards data. Provides assistance with invoicing and grants management.
Reviews Developments of Regional Impact and traffic studies and develops questions, comments, and recommended actions.
Work Schedule: Full-time; hours not specified
Salary: $46,100.00 - $76,900.00 Annually, DOE
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Must have two years experience in transportation planning, or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- Must have a valid Florida Driver's License for required travel.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) desirable.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of transportation planning; knowledge of general planning principles and ability to apply same to data. Ability to research and complete complex planning studies, data collection and formulation of recommendations based upon such studies. Practical experience with ArcView/ArcMap, Florida Standard Urban Transportation Modeling Structure (FSUTMS), CUBE and/or Highway Capacity Software (HCS) is highly desirable. Ability to present ideas and findings clearly and concisely in written, oral, and graphic form. Ability to meet deadlines.
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Written and Oral Communication