US Census Temporary Jobs
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Education :
HS Diploma or Equivalent - Associates Degree preferred
Job Description :
If you are employed elsewhere, your current job must be compatible with Census Bureau employment and not create conflicts of interest. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Also, you must not engage in any partisan political activity while on duty.
Recruiting Assistant (RA): Responsible for outreach and contacting local organizations to request assistance in providing information about census jobs to the people they serve. RAs will assist people responding to job advertisements by answering their questions from the public about jobs, qualifications and how to apply. In addition, RAs will conduct formal and informal presentations about census jobs and work at the grass roots level to spread the word about jobs.
Office Operations Supervisor (OOS): Assists in the management of the office functions and day to day activities required to support field operations, recruiting, IT support, and administrative activities. The OOS supervises, schedules and assigns work to clerks and oversees related office operations.
Clerk: Performs various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functions, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations, and support functions.
Census Field Supervisor (CFS): Supervises Enumerators/Listers. CFS train their staff, monitor progress and performance, troubleshoot issues and provide instructions, approve time and expense reports, and may document and recommend termination actions.
Enumerator/Lister: Conducts field activities such as updating address lists and maps, conducting in-person interviews to gather census data, and conducting other follow-up activities.
Required Qualifications :
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Most jobs require employees to:
- Employer does not provide required access to a vehicle and a valid driver's license, unless public transportation is readily available.
- Employer does not provide required access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).
Written and Oral Communication