Utilities Operator III
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
|GENERAL DESCRIPTION: |
|This position is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the water/wastewater treatment plants, storage tanks, transfer pumping station, storm water collection systems, sludge processing and disposal, ponds and daily lab analysis. |
Primary work schedule is 4- 10-hour days: Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm, 40 hours per week.
Starting Salary: $18.64 per hour
Salary range: $18.64 to $28.11 per hour
|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: |
- Oversees staff, scheduling, monitoring, reviewing vacation and sick leave requests, preparing performance evaluations, and ensures plants are operated in compliance with state guidelines.
- Coordinates and supervises the inspections, cleaning and repairing of plants, storm water collection systems, storage tanks, transfer pump station and equipment such as blowers, chemical feed pumps, sludge pumps, decant pumps, valves and other related equipment on a regular basis.
- Tracks laboratory schedules and analysis. Perform laboratory analysis of plant and makes necessary changes to process based on results. Use data collected to complete State reports as required.
- Researches and troubleshoots plant operations and equipment and material procurement
- Handles special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Remains on call 24 hours a day; responds as necessary
- Oversees solids handling, including centrifuge operations
- Monitors telemetry including troubleshooting and repair
- Coordinates plant operations and electrical/mechanical repairs
- Maintain records and compiles and submits operations reports to supervisor
- Prepares and reviews reports
- Acts on behalf of Plant Manager in their absence
- Schedules jobs and lab work
- Responds to consumer complaints; interacts with contractors and customers
- Perform related work as required
Required Qualifications :
|Education, Training, and Experience: |
- Associate's degree, vocational technical degree or specialized training that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of two years of college education
- Requires four years or more of experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
- Requires valid Florida Driver License for required travel
- Requires a State of Florida Certification in both Water and Wastewater with one of the certifications being an advanced A or B
- Must have advanced working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Products
- Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100C and 700B
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The job involves sitting, walking, standing, stooping
- The job involves frequently lifting and carrying at least 10 pounds. Occasionally up to 20 pounds
- The job requires frequent bending, squatting, crawling, kneeling, balancing, and reaching above shoulders. And occasionally climbing, twisting, and jumping
- The employee must complete the tasks by frequently using simple grasping, pushing, pulling, and driving automotive equipment. Occasionally typing, operating foot controls/levers and working in darkness.
- Requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, and depth perception
- May risk exposure to moving machinery
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
|Basis of Rating: Some positions may require a written and/or skills test. Applications will be carefully reviewed to assess each individuals qualifications. The kind and length of related work experience, training and education shown on the application will be an important consideration in the screening process. |
Business conducts an employment reference check, background and physical examination check.
Citrus County, Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. Drug screens will be in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act and/or the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
Citrus County, Florida is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Citrus County, Florida Board of County Commissioners in advance to allow sufficient time to provide accommodations.