Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
The primary function of this position is to be the administrator of the internal and external websites, manage content and design as well as coordinating the work of the departmental website representatives. Provides expert-level knowledge and technical skills in planning, creating, and managing the websites as well as offering innovative alternatives. This position reports directly to the Assistant IT Director.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Creates, designs, and maintains web content related to both the Intranet and external website.
- Works closely with vendors and other IT staff to assure that interactive web applications work correctly.
- Works with web representatives and their departments to translate content to web standards.
- Renews content of the web as needed, ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of information presented.
- Post new videos, images and photos to support content.
- Guides web representatives in development of departmental pages and in web standards and use of web development applications.
- Assist in implementation of new systems.
- Provides training to web representatives and educates staff on new and existing features of the website content management system.
- Works closely with the Office of Strategic Engagement to plan and perform quarterly website meetings for city departments.
- Coordinate planning, development, operation and maintenance of individual sites.
- Ensures proper Change Management procedures are followed, and backups are made before implementing any changes.
- Ensure individual sites are ADA compliant using various accessibility tools such as screen reader applications to test both pages and uploaded content.
- Perform monthly website audit to address broken links and images and ensure the web presence remains relevant and current.
- Proactively works on special projects as assigned maintaining organization and control of tasks.
- Create project justification documents and keep track of project milestones.
- Provide supervisor with progress/status updates on a regular basis and ensure that supervisor is informed of any scheduling delays or conflicts.
- Remains cognizant of and works toward department mission and goals.
- Share tips, techniques, and information with peers and users.
- Attends and participates in various meetings as required.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Hours : Full time
Salary: $38,100 - $66,700
Required Qualifications :
- Graduation from an accredited 2-year university or technical school with major coursework in Computer Science, Web Design and Graphics or related field.
- Experience in making documents ADA compliant for the website. An equivalent combination of training and professional experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Operators Driver's License for required travel.
- Certification as a Webmaster desired or Microsoft MTA focused on HTML5, or Adobe's ACE.
- Must be able to be onsite within sixty minutes when called for an emergency.
- Experience with creating, designing, and implementing websites.
- Understanding of network protocols and network components.
- Skilled in various programming languages such as HTM/CSS, SQL, JAVA, VB, XML, etc.
- Skilled in search engine optimization (SEO), and familiar with standard best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web development applications such as Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Familiar with relational database administration with one or more of the following Database Management Systems: MS SQL-Server, Oracle, MS Access.
- Experienced with utilizing Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experienced in graphic design and is familiar with image editing software such as Photoshop.
- Motivated, innovative, and results-oriented with a consistent desire to excel.
- Organization skills and effectively utilize time to perform multiple tasks concurrently and meet established deadlines.
- Works under general supervision with a certain degree of creativity and latitude expected.
- Ability to relate instructions and answer questions in non-technical terms to address individuals on their level.
- Ability to provide organized and informative direction to users.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve problems.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical and business material to stay abreast of technology trends and changes.
- Ability to learn new methods, procedures, and operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing and convey ideas persuasively in a concise, organized, and professional manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, employees, and public officials.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.